A FFX/FFT inspired battle system for RPG Maker XP
Visit the RPG MAKER Forum post here:
v. 1.0 Initial Release
v. 1.1 Customizable Turn Icons v. 1.2 Beastiary Expansion Added
This script overhauls the default battle system and replaces it with a "CTB" system similar to Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy X. Battlers now use their speed to charge up a hidden turn gauge, and when it's full, they get a turn immediately. This causes turns to alternate in a semi-predictable order, making for a more strategic battle system.
- Customizable "charge rate" formula: you can use any stat to determine turn order and adjust it to fit your experience curve
- Dedicated turn window so you'll always know whose turn is next.
- Weapons/Skills/Items can be set to boost/hamper speed when used, allowing you to create "quick attack" skills that let the user act sooner or "mega-death" skills that use up two turns.
- Designate specific enemies as "bosses" which will give them a special icon.
- Can customize turn icons on a per actor or per enemy basis.
- Customize the "escape" term.
- Built-in "scan" skill that's easy to set up and use.
- Optional expansion to add icons for states, removing the boring state text.
- Optional expansion to add a beastiary
How to Use
Download the zip file. Import the EnemyIcons pictures into your project into the "pictures" folder. Open the text file containing the script and copy/paste it into the script editor below all of the default scripts but above Main.
Q. Can this do __________?
A. Maybe! Leave on post on the forum, and I might just add the feature if it can't already do it.
Credits and Thanks
- MobiusXVI, author
- TheRiotInside, for testing/feedback/suggestions
- Mudkicker, for suggesting customizable turn icons
This script is licensed under the MIT license, so you can use it for both commercial and non-commercial games!
Check the included license file for the full text.
Further, if you do decide to use this script in a commercial product, I'd ask that you
let me know via a forum post or a PM. Thanks.